[comp.sys.mac] Any good terminal progs that support vt100 status line?

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (03/16/90)

Right now I use Versaterm-PRO on my Mac for all my modemming and such,
but I recently got some nifty Unix programs that make use of the vt100
"status line" (line 25).  Since Versaterm doesn't support use of the
status line, are there any other terminal programs out there
(preferably PD, of course!)  that will allow this feature?

Thanks for any suggestions!

     << Brian >>
--
| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
... s l o w l y,  s l o w l y,  w i t h  t h e  v e l o c i t y  o f  l o v e.

svc@well.sf.ca.us (Leonard Rosenthol) (03/18/90)

In article <14578@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) writes:
>Right now I use Versaterm-PRO on my Mac for all my modemming and such,
>but I recently got some nifty Unix programs that make use of the vt100
>"status line" (line 25).  Since Versaterm doesn't support use of the
>status line, are there any other terminal programs out there
>(preferably PD, of course!)  that will allow this feature?

	To begin with let me point out that a _REAL_ VT10x (100/102, etc.)
does not have a 25th line - the 'status line' on a DEC VT series terminal did
not begin until the VT125, though in reality on the 200 series.
	You can, however, get a 'status line' by setting supporting comm
products up (such as VersaTerm) to have 25 lines, and then telling your UNIX
host that you have such an animal.  If you look at a 25th line termcap you will
see that what it does is to setup the top 24 as the default scrolling region
and then just resets the region when getting at the 25th...Also, most hosts
have a termcap entry for a 24th line 'status line' usuing the same technique.

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025