[comp.sys.mac] Need contour mapping program

erd@lear.cs.duke.edu (Ed Darken) (03/08/90)

Hi. I'm looking for Mac applications that can generate
two-dimensional contour plots, exactly like topographic
maps, from (x, y, z) coordinates. Does anybody know of
programs that do this?

			Thanks,
			Ed Darken
			erd@cs.duke.edu

In article <18054@duke.cs.duke.edu> erd@lear.cs.duke.edu (Ed Darken) writes:

>Hi. I'm looking for Mac applications that can generate
>two-dimensional contour plots, exactly like topographic
>maps, from (x, y, z) coordinates. Does anybody know of
>programs that do this?

I believe NCSA's Imagetool will do what you want.  It's on zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu
][, ][+, ///, ///+, //e, //c, IIGS, //c+ --- Any questions?

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) (03/13/90)

In an article of <8 Mar 90 14:44:18 GMT>, erd@lear.cs.duke.edu (Ed Darken)
writes:

 ED>Hi. I'm looking for Mac applications that can generate
 ED>two-dimensional contour plots, exactly like topographic
 ED>maps, from (x, y, z) coordinates. Does anybody know of
 ED>programs that do this?
 ED>
 ED>                        Thanks,
 ED>                        Ed Darken
 ED>                        erd@cs.duke.edu

There is a shareware program that can do this called (oddly enough) CONTOUR.

Leo Bores, M.D.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org

scott@heim.glendale.ca.us (03/18/90)

In article <14624.25FC7443@stjhmc.fidonet.org> Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) writes:
>In an article of <8 Mar 90 14:44:18 GMT>, erd@lear.cs.duke.edu (Ed Darken)
>writes:
>
> ED>Hi. I'm looking for Mac applications that can generate
> ED>two-dimensional contour plots, exactly like topographic
> ED>maps, from (x, y, z) coordinates. Does anybody know of
> ED>programs that do this?
> ED>
>
>There is a shareware program that can do this called (oddly enough) CONTOUR.
>Leo Bores, M.D.

And there is an overkill commercial packgage that can do the job too...
 MATHIMATICA! If you have a few hundred bucks laying around - it can do
contour maps, simultaneous equations, feed the dog and wash the windows.

Honestly, you'll be glad you paid the bucks - it's great!

(No affiliation w/ the guys at Wolfram -- but it's a thought :=] )

--
Scott Watson - "Inane little message goes here"
    uucp: {rutgers,ames}!elroy!grian!heim!scott