[comp.sys.mac] MacTCP Site License

suhler@ibm.com (Paul Suhler) (03/16/90)

I talked with the APDA people a couple of weeks ago.  The MacTCP site
license costs $2500.  It's not worth it, since my group doesn't have 25
Macs.  In fact, at the moment the two copies we bought at $100 each
aren't worth anything, since MacTCP 1.0 doesn't work across AppleTalk
through a bridge.  Yesterday, APDA said to call back in a couple of
weeks and maybe they'd have an expected release date for the fix.  I
suggested that they distribute the fix for free.

Paul Suhler
Hybrid Dataflow Systems

meuchen@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Paul Eric Menchen) (03/20/90)

In article <1990Mar16.145152.23974@arnor.uucp> SUHLER@IBM.COM writes:
>I talked with the APDA people a couple of weeks ago.  The MacTCP site
>license costs $2500.  It's not worth it, since my group doesn't have 25
I'm curious now since I'd like to buy an EtherNet card this summer.
What constitutes a site? If my university buys (or already has--I
haven't done my research yet) a site license and I'm
hardwire connected in a dorm miles away, am I part of the site?

Paul Eric Menchen
meuchen@grad1.cis.upenn.edu