[comp.sys.mac] Where oh where did my arrow go?

jer@nvuxk.uucp (23171-janice rathmann(7684)) (03/21/90)

I recently notice that when I scroll to the right of the screen with my mouse
the arrow disappears off to the right of the screen. (It took me a while to
figure this out, at first it looked to me like the arrow was just disappearing).
I notice that if I move the mouse vertically (either up or down) or to the
left, the arrow stops moving when I get to the edge - but when I move
it to the right it disappears.  It actually moves quite a way of the screen -
if I move the arrow so that it just touches the right edge of the screen,
and then continue to move the mouse to the right several inches (8" to 12"),
I need to move the mouse back to the left 5" to 6" before it reappears.

Has anyone else seen this before??  Does anyone know what causes this
and/or how to fix this (it's obviously not a serious problem, but it
is quite annoying)?  Thanks in advance.

Janice Rathmann

JON@wehi.dn.mu.oz (Jon Eaves) (03/22/90)

In article <312@nvuxl.UUCP>, jer@nvuxk.uucp (23171-janice rathmann(7684)) writes:
[ descriptions of disappearing cursor ]
> Has anyone else seen this before??  Does anyone know what causes this
> and/or how to fix this (it's obviously not a serious problem, but it
> is quite annoying)?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Janice Rathmann

Hi, It sounds like you have two monitor cards of some description plugged
into your Mac and only 1 monitor attached.  Check under the Control Panel
and look at the Monitors CDEV, that should tell you if the Mac thinks there
are two monitors.

This has happened to me before using a NuVista Video Card.

  Jon Eaves
               "All alone without a telephone..." - T-Rex, _Metal Guru_

ACSnet    ( jon@wehi.dn.mu.oz )
UUCP      ( uunet!munnari!wehi.dn.mu.oz!jon )
Internet  ( jon%wehi.dn.mu.oz@uunet.uu.net )