[comp.sys.mac] Mac IIfx -> lower prices?

barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) (03/21/90)

With the introduction of the new high-end Mac IIfx, can we expect to
see lower prices on the lesser II-series Macs (like the IIcx) and
the SE/30?

--
              _____       _____               Barry Brown
_|__   |  |     | /  ----     /  \ \ /" __    barry@network.ucsd.edu
/  _|  |  |/   /    ------   \   __/    __|_  ...!ucsd!network!barry

lander@bulean.enet.dec.com (Vadim Lander) (03/22/90)

In article <2301@network.ucsd.edu>, barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) writes...
>With the introduction of the new high-end Mac IIfx, can we expect to
>see lower prices on the lesser II-series Macs (like the IIcx) and
>the SE/30?

One of the computer stores in Boston is having a 50% sale on all MACs.  The
equipment is brand new, not demos.  Strangely enough they started
advertising one day before Apple's announcement.

bparsia@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/22/90)

In article <9467@shlump.nac.dec.com>, lander@bulean.enet.dec.com (Vadim Lander) writes:
> In article <2301@network.ucsd.edu>, barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) writes...
>>With the introduction of the new high-end Mac IIfx, can we expect to
>>see lower prices on the lesser II-series Macs (like the IIcx) and
>>the SE/30?
>
> One of the computer stores in Boston is having a 50% sale on all MACs.  The
> equipment is brand new, not demos.  Strangely enough they started
> advertising one day before Apple's announcement.

What is the NAME of this store? Is this %50 off the list or their "normal,
everyday cheap prices"? What *are* the actual prices?

Bijan J. Parsia

lander@bulean.enet.dec.com (Vadim Lander) (03/23/90)

In article <9467@shlump.nac.dec.com>, lander@bulean.enet.dec.com (Vadim Lander) writes...

>In article <2301@network.ucsd.edu>, barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) writes...
>>With the introduction of the new high-end Mac IIfx, can we expect to
>>see lower prices on the lesser II-series Macs (like the IIcx) and
>>the SE/30?
>
>One of the computer stores in Boston is having a 50% sale on all MACs.  The
>equipment is brand new, not demos.  Strangely enough they started
>advertising one day before Apple's announcement.

I think the store is called AC3 in Newton, MASS