[comp.sys.mac] Inexpensive postscript laser printing

alves@nunki.usc.edu (William Alves) (03/22/90)

I and several colleagues work with the musical notation program Finale,
which generates postscript output. Normally this means that one has to
buy a LaserWriter IINT or NTX to print out scores. I am looking for a
cheaper alternative.

Do there exist postscript translator/driver programs for "dumb" laser
printers on the Mac? If so what are they, and for what printers?

Since Finale won't print from Multifinder, background printing isn't
available anyway. They may fix that in future versions, but speed isn't
important to me, and this printer won't be on a network. Under these
circumstances, I resent having to pay for a microprocessor in the printer
when I've got a perfectly good one sitting in my computer.

Thanks for your help!

Bill Alves
USC School of Music / Center for Scholarly Technology

mes@sequent.UUCP (Mike Seyfrit) (03/23/90)

In article <8751@chaph.usc.edu> alves@nunki.usc.edu (William Alves) writes:
>I and several colleagues work with the musical notation program Finale,
>
>Since Finale won't print from Multifinder, background printing isn't

	The current version of Finale does background printing from multiifnder
	correctly.

--
  ===== Mike Seyfrit  phone:503-241-4121       | \ mail:625 NW Everett #228 =
        net:{uunet,sun,tektronix)!sequent!mes  |  \     Portland, OR, 97209 =