[comp.sys.mac] Theldrow

amir@tricord.MN.ORG (06/21/89)

I think I have found a bug in Theldrow.  Can't find the writer's address
for emailing this.

I was running Theldrow the other night, and wanted to use the note pad
DA, to record some information.  Theldrow was seeing all the keys I
was entering in the notepad and acting upon them.

---
- Amir Vafaei @ Tricord Systems
- ...{bungia | quest}!tricord!amir  / amir@tricord.MN.ORG

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (06/28/89)

I got some help myself, and have now found the end of the scenario.
Meanwhile, I got some e-mail requests for help from folks who saw my posting.
Mail bounced, so here's how to find some useful things:

Hit 'n' (or whatever) to avoid spoiling your fun.

Do lots of searching.  It doesn't cost you anything.  Once I had played
for a while, I got in the habit of hitting command-S and return in succession
many times, too fast for the dialog box to completely appear.  I would end
with the box on the screen, and see if I had found anything.  This makes it
go pretty fast.

More serious spoilers follow.

I know of four ways into the tunnels under the castle, and one more that
goes to the grounds outside the castle.  They ALL involve finding a secret
door.  All but one can be found more easily from the other side, the one
exception is a one-way path that can be found but not used from the other
side.

Two of these ways are from inside the town.
One is in the tunnel under the cemetery.
One is in the Lost Woods.
One is at the end of the path leading past the back door to town.

A few good places to search when you're in the tunnels:
	Any dead end.
	The long corridor.
	Wherever the map shows a big gap.
	Any room of four squares.  There are some excellent treasures
		hidden in places found in this way.

evett@drinkme.mimsy (Matt Evett) (08/05/89)

Does anyone know which version is the most current release
of Theldrow?  I have version 1.0 of the Boden adventure, but
am interested in finding out about new releases.  I am also
interested in knowing how to get ahold of same.

Thank you,
		Matt Evett
		Dept.Comp.Sci., University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
		evett@brillig.umd.edu
--
		Matt Evett
		Dept.Comp.Sci., University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
		evett@brillig.umd.edu

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) (08/06/89)

         Has anybody found the 'book' in theldrow?
         Does it exist in version 2.0?
         Like to give a hint?

					Husk@virginia.edu

cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) (08/07/89)

In article <3038@virginia.acc.virginia.edu> deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:

>         Has anybody found the 'book' in theldrow?
>         Does it exist in version 2.0?
>         Like to give a hint?
>
>					Husk@virginia.edu

I'm stuck looking for the book too.  I also haven't been able to find
any scrolls or wands and the only components I could find where spider
glands and undead bones.  Some hints would be nice.  I sent a message
to the author a week ago haven't heard from him yet (the address I used
was an old one so I'm not even sure if it got to him).  BTW, I'm using
Theldrow 2.2 and the 2.0 Boden scenario.

naiman-jeffrey@CS.YALE.EDU (Jeffrey Naiman) (08/07/89)

In article <33779@apple.Apple.COM> cjp@Apple.COM (Chris Plummer) writes:
>In article <3038@virginia.acc.virginia.edu> deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) writes:
>>

>>         Has anybody found the 'book' in theldrow?
>>         Does it exist in version 2.0?
>>         Like to give a hint?
>>
>>					Husk@virginia.edu
>
>I'm stuck looking for the book too.  I also haven't been able to find
>any scrolls or wands and the only components I could find where spider
>glands and undead bones.  Some hints would be nice.  I sent a message
>to the author a week ago haven't heard from him yet (the address I used
>was an old one so I'm not even sure if it got to him).  BTW, I'm using
>Theldrow 2.2 and the 2.0 Boden scenario.

While I certainly do not speak for the author, it seems that Boden is only
an introductory scenario. You probably will not find most of the things
that are mentioned in the docs. The book is around though.

Poke around the giant ants' nest a little. Map it out, too. You should find
it then.

- Jeff Naiman (naiman@yale.edu)

dac@zehntel (Dennis Carlson) (08/24/89)

 THE OPINIONS HERE ARE TRUE.  ONLY THE AUTHOR IS THE PRODUCT
 OF A DEMENTED IMAGINATION	        ucbvax-\
 		   	                sun-----}-!zehntel !dac
			                varian-/

roths@dg-rtp.dg.com (Robert Rothschild) (08/25/89)

There has been a lot of talk about Theldrow on the net recently.

I wanted to verify that Theldrow can be finished.  All of the parts are
there, and all of the information needed to finish the game can be learned
by playing it.

Yes, the book is hard to find.  Yes, there are clues in the game to help you
find it.

There do seem to be a few small bugs in the game.  Also, Boden is only the
first part in a series of three adventures.  I don't think the author meant
for all items to be available now.  BTW, IMHO, I think Theldrow is a
great game.  The author deserves much thanks.

If anyone wants specific hints on how to finish, feel free to send me mail.

     Bob Rothschild        roths@dg-rtp.dg.com
     Data General

     "I'm eating lunch right now, Data General doesn't care what I say."

jness@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Joel Ness) (08/26/89)

   For those who are interested in Theldrow and the state of future
developments for it, I can at least provide some current info about the
author.

   Glen Andreas, the author, finished his graduate work here at UMD this
summer and is now working for Palomar software out on the west coast.
I'm assuming he doesn't have a net feed yet, or we would have seen some
replies from him here on misc.sys.mac.

   Last I heard, Glenn was still planning on coming out with new
scenarios for Theldrow. As to when, who knows...

   Though a few people might be curious.

Joel Ness			       		INTERNET: jness@ub.d.umn.edu
Information Services		        	BITNET:  JNESS@UMNDUL
University of Minnesota, Duluth

dac@zehntel (Dennis Carlson) (08/29/89)

Would someone please send me a copy of theldrow. I am new to comp binaries and I missed it.       Thanks
 THE OPINIONS HERE ARE TRUE.  ONLY THE AUTHOR IS THE PRODUCT
 OF A DEMENTED IMAGINATION	        ucbvax-\
 		   	                sun-----}-!zehntel !dac
			                varian-/

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (08/29/89)

Me too please.

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU

dac@zehntel (Dennis Carlson) (09/23/89)

Would someone please e-mail  me a copy of theldrow. I am unable to access any of
the archive sites. I seemed to have missed when it was posted to comp.binaries.
mac.
        Thanks
 THE OPINIONS HERE ARE TRUE.  ONLY THE AUTHOR IS THE PRODUCT
 OF A DEMENTED IMAGINATION	        ucbvax-\
 		   	                sun-----}-!zehntel !dac
			                varian-/

hedstrom@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (Brad Hedstrom) (03/21/90)

I started playing Theldrow again after many months of neglect. I've found all
of the "quadparts", talked with the hermit, found the clues in the castle, but
I guess that I'm too dim to figure how to enter "the Dark world." Some hints
would be greatly appreciated. It the entrance in the "old part of the castle"
past the magician's lab?
Brad Hedstrom, University of Victoria, ECE Dept.
Internet:  hedstrom@sirius.uvic.ca
UUCP:   ...!{uw-beaver,ubc-vision}!uvicctr!hedstrom

roderis@prism.CS.ORST.EDU (Stephen Charles Roderick) (03/23/90)

	The quadparts go into a room that is square. It has four sides
	each of which is a corridor. (Is this making sense?) Anyway
	this room is dark I believe (it's been a while). At each side
	of the room you place one of the quadparts. The sides have
	messages or something that tell you which side the parts go
	on. Come to think of it maybe it's a NSEW (North etc.) deal
	and you need the compass. Well when you have successfully
	placed all of the parts the doorway opens to the dark world.
	Once in the dark world you will either win almost instantly
	by finding the exit on accident or you will die a quick horrible
	death. (i.e. save the game before you go in!).

		The room looks like this:

			________________
			|       p       |
			| _____________ |   p = quadpart goes here.