[comp.sys.mac] wanted INIT for ci

aclark@bcarh332.bnr.ca (Alexa Clark) (03/21/90)

Anyone got the INIT for the Mac CI that patches the serial communications?

please e-mail me ...PLEASE.

alexa.
stop murder us not tonsured rumpots.
Alexa Clark , BNR, Ottawa, ON.     (613) 765 4998.
..uunet!bnrgate!bcarh332!aclark

Dorman.Bullard@p4.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Dorman Bullard) (03/23/90)

In a message to All <03/21/90 11:58:46> aclark@bcarh332.bnr.ca (Alexa
Clark) writes:

> Anyone got the INIT for the Mac CI that patches the serial
> communications?

When I first got a Mac IIci I had to buy new cables for both my
modem and my priner.  Initially neither worked; I was just getting
nothing output through the serial ports. I was getting upset at
my dealer thinking I was sold the wrong cables.

Then, almost by accident, I disabled all INITs with a utility.  Lo
and Behold, the serial ports works.  Then by trial and error I
located the offending INIT: "Crashguard".  I suggest you try that.
I have not heard of an INIT for the IIci to patch the serial ports,
nor of the need for one.  There is such an INIT for the Portable.
Perhaps that was what you were thinking of.

--
Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!56.4!Dorman.Bullard
Internet: Dorman.Bullard@p4.f56.n114.z1.fidonet.org