[comp.sys.mac] Zapping the PRAM on an SE

jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) (03/22/90)

How do you zap the PRAM on a SE or II class machine? I tried RTFM,
but I couln't find anything.

thank,

Jeff

--
| RIT VAX/VMS Systems: |     Jeff Wasilko     |     RIT Ultrix Systems:     |
|BITNET: jjw7384@ritvax+----------------------+INET:jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu|
|UUCP: {psuvax1, mcvax}!ritvax.bitnet!JJW7384 +___UUCP:jjw7384@ultb.UUCP____+
|INTERNET: jjw7384@isc.rit.edu                |'claimer: No one cares.      |

JAH4@psuvm.psu.edu (03/23/90)

In article <2539@ultb.isc.rit.edu>, jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko)
says:

>How do you zap the PRAM on a SE or II class machine? I tried RTFM,
>but I couln't find anything.

           Command-Option-Shift held down before and during selection
           of the Control Panel and it will ask you if you would like
           to Zap the PRam.
                                              Jeffrey A. Hamman     JAH4@PSUVM
                                              Microcomputer Systems Consultant
                                              Student Support Initiative
                                              Penn State University

bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) (03/23/90)

In article <2539@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) writes:
>How do you zap the PRAM on a SE or II class machine? I tried RTFM,
>but I couln't find anything.

Simple!  Just hold down Command-Option-Shift-Tab while you select the
Control Panel DA.  Perfectly intuitive.

     << Brian >>
--
| Brian S. Kendig      \ Macintosh |   Engineering,   | bskendig             |
| Computer Engineering |\ Thought  |  USS Enterprise  | @phoenix.Princeton.EDU
| Princeton University |_\ Police  | -= NCC-1701-D =- | @PUCC.BITNET         |
... s l o w l y,  s l o w l y,  w i t h  t h e  v e l o c i t y  o f  l o v e.

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (03/24/90)

jjw7384@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko) writes:

>How do you zap the PRAM on a SE or II class machine? I tried RTFM,
>but I couln't find anything.

Pull down the apple menu, then hold the shift-command-options key
s down and then select control panel.  It's the same on all macs
from (at least) the plus on up.

roland@dna.lth.se (Roland Mansson) (03/24/90)

In article <1839@diamond2.UUCP> derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) writes:
>Pull down the apple menu, then hold the shift-command-options key
>s down and then select control panel.  It's the same on all macs
>from (at least) the plus on up.

When I do it, the Mac SysBeeps at me. Does the beep indicate some kind of
error, or is it just bad programming?