[comp.sys.mac] macput/macget for Sparcs?

paul@julia.math.ucla.edu (03/21/90)

Hi:

We are looking for a workable version of macget and macput on
Sun sparcstations.  Has anyone made it to work for the new
sparcstations?  We have an old version which works fine on
Sun/3 but would hang on sparcs.  Any pointer will be much appreciated.

Please send mail directly to paul@math.ucla.edu.

Thanks much.

paul

alen@crash.cts.com (Alen Shapiro) (03/25/90)

In article <2419@sunset.MATH.UCLA.EDU> paul@MATH.UCLA.EDU (Paul Chang) writes:
>Hi:
>
>We are looking for a workable version of macget and macput on
>Sun sparcstations.  Has anyone made it to work for the new
>sparcstations?  We have an old version which works fine on
>Sun/3 but would hang on sparcs.  Any pointer will be much appreciated.

I too am having trouble communicating between mac and sparc. I have
a copy of Zmodem that works from Sparc->mac at 19200 but can't get
it to work reliably in the reverse direction unless I turn the rate down
to 4800. At this speed the sparc mouse freezes for several seconds
at a time and chars typed at the keyboard get lost (presumably
the "clist" array is being used up).

It looks like a flow-control problem with zmodem/sparc and a parity
problem with macget/macput. I have 11 service orders in to sun.
Let's see if they can help.

Meanwhile if anyone else has any ideas, please post or mail.

Are there any sun newsgroups that would appreciate these problems?

--alen the Lisa slayer (did it to the mac, now lets try the sparc)
...alen%shappy.uucp@crash.cts.com
...alen@crash.cts.com