[comp.sys.mac] A couple of questions about AUX v 2.0

johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) (03/27/90)

	Now that a version of AUX that I could put to useful work is
imminent, I have some questions:

i)	What hardware will it require - will it run on any 020 based
	Mac ?  If so, I presume that devices that are not from Apple
	will need new drivers eg large displays.

ii)	Any ideas as to cost (on CD) and availability, how does one
	find an AUX authorised reseller ?

				John

johnt@seila.UUCP (john grant) writes:

>i)	What hardware will it require - will it run on any 020 based
>	Mac ?  If so, I presume that devices that are not from Apple
>	will need new drivers eg large displays.

SE/30, MacII with PMMU or larger system. Well behaved third party NuBus
monitor cards should work with no problem and no special software (most of
the cards I've seen work, although some older cards had compatibility
problems that the manufacturer generally has fixes for)

--

Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq@apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

He hasn't an enemy in the world, and none of his friends like him. -- Wilde