[comp.sys.mac] MacDraw II v1.1 bug

18215MES@MSU.BITNET (03/22/90)

Hardware/ System / inits:
Mac Plus 2.5 meg ram, 30 meg hd, system 6.0.5
Ram cache = 256k
running multifinder

Open macdraw , paste small paint graphic, didle a bit more, close the
document, quit macdraw II...
Open Macdraw II again, paste same mac paint, draw a line or two,
THEN, moving anything (line, paint graphic, or other objet) =
   BOMB id = 10

Turn off the ram cache, = no more bomb! (after repeating same sequence)

BTW , ram available w/ ram cache on = 1675,
      partition size for Macdraw II as set in get info box = 1300

I know Macdraw II is a memory hog, but jeepers! It appears it has
gobs of mem available to it in about the finder dialog box
(macdraw II's bar graph shows only 1st 1/3 black, the rest gray)??

Mark Sartor, 221 Ag Hall, MSU  (18215mes@msu.bitnet)

kaz@nanovx.UUCP (Mike Kazmierczak) (03/27/90)

In article <24318215MES@MSU> 18215MES@MSU.BITNET writes:
>Hardware/ System / inits:
>Mac Plus 2.5 meg ram, 30 meg hd, system 6.0.5
>Ram cache = 256k
>running multifinder
>
>THEN, moving anything (line, paint graphic, or other objet) =
>   BOMB id = 10
  Anytime you get a ID=10 crash, think system heap.  Just before causing
it to crash, go back to the finder and do the about finder.  If the system
bar is more than 80% full, then that's a good indicator of running out of
system heap space.

Mike Kazmierczak -- X Systems -- INTERNET: kaz%nanovx.UUCP@gatech.edu
UUCP: gatech!nanovx!kaz