[comp.sys.mac] Easy Envelope won't work

jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C. O'Connor III, 2841) (03/25/90)

I have tried to use EE in multifinder (only get a beep) an under regular finder
where it doesn't do anything at all - I choose it and it doesn't even bring~r
up a window, I just go back to the application.

Any one have any ideas?
Jim

jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C. O'Connor III, 2841) (03/25/90)

From article <8482@hubcap.clemson.edu>, by jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C. O'Connor III, 2841):
>I have tried to use EE in multifinder (only get a beep) an under regular finder
>where it doesn't do anything at all - I choose it and it doesn't even bring~r
>up a window, I just go back to the application.
>Any one have any ideas?
>Jim

I found the problem.  I am using version 1.4c and it conflicts with the only
init which I won't do without:  SUM's HD Partition Init.

Does anyone know if a more recent version is compatible with SUM?
I really like the product.

Under MultiFinder I still only get a beep, no matter how much memory I give
to the system.

Jim

larry@hpfilis.HP.COM (03/26/90)

It seemed to run OK in Multifinder for me, except it wouldn't print to
my Deskwriter.  I just bought the latest SuperLaserSpooler that supports
the Deskwriter and now it works just dandy.

Larry S

svc@well.sf.ca.us (Leonard Rosenthol) (03/27/90)

In article <8482@hubcap.clemson.edu> jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu writes:
>I have tried to use EE in multifinder (only get a beep) an under regular finder
>where it doesn't do anything at all - I choose it and it doesn't even bring~r
>up a window, I just go back to the application.
>
>Any one have any ideas?

	I can not comment on older versions of Easy Envelopes, but Andrew has
just released Easy Envelopes+ 2.0.1 which is a complete rewrite of EE, and is
now not only a great Envelope printer, but also functions as an alternative
to QuickDex (comes with an 'Import QuickDex' option) and I have since replaced
by QD with EE and love it.  It search as fast (or faster) than QD, offers
choice of font, size, style for your text, etc.
	If there is enough interest (EMail me if interested) I will send off
to sumex and comp.binaries...

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025

jcocon%hazel.cs.clemson.edu@hubcap.clemson.edu (James C. O'Connor III, 2841) (03/27/90)

From article <19800008@hpfilis.HP.COM>, by larry@hpfilis.HP.COM:
> It seemed to run OK in Multifinder for me, except it wouldn't print to
> my Deskwriter.  I just bought the latest SuperLaserSpooler that supports
> the Deskwriter and now it works just dandy.
> Larry S

Okay, newest developements:
1.5c works okay in Finder
     won't print in MultiFinder
     using DeskWriter
     removed all inits and cdevs - no effect.

Jim

drc@claris.com (Dennis Cohen) (03/27/90)

svc@well.sf.ca.us (Leonard Rosenthol) writes:

>	I can not comment on older versions of Easy Envelopes, but Andrew has
>just released Easy Envelopes+ 2.0.1 which is a complete rewrite of EE, and is
>now not only a great Envelope printer, but also functions as an alternative
>to QuickDex (comes with an 'Import QuickDex' option) and I have since replaced
>by QD with EE and love it.  It search as fast (or faster) than QD, offers
>choice of font, size, style for your text, etc.
>	If there is enough interest (EMail me if interested) I will send off
>to sumex and comp.binaries...

I've already sent it to both places.  I expect the one to sumex-aim to succeed,
since my mailings there always seem to arrive okay; however, I've never been
successful going to comp.binaries.mac so if someone wants to post it there,
it might be a good idea.

--
Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.