[comp.sys.mac] Resourcerer

svc@well.sf.ca.us (Leonard Rosenthol) (03/29/90)

In article <153@cnam.UUCP> manuel@cnam.UUCP (manuel bouyssou) writes:
>Hello to the Valorous NetLanders,
>
>As impressive as well, it seems to exist a utility named Resorcerer. It
>does the same job as ResEdit, but under discussions, is far away more
>powerfull. So, is there anybody able to give some details without being
>killed, about such utility ? A beta (or evaluation version might be
>distributed) soon ? and at what price ?

	Resourcerer is currently under development by Mathemaestetics, inc.
It is due to ship sometime before System 7.0 ;-) and is quite a product. The
release price will probably be about $300, though you can currenlty purchase
'betaware' for $200 with a free upgrade to the release when it becomes ready.
I purchased the beta versionback in Septemberish, and have since recieved a
couple interim updates - the programmers is VERY responsive to feedback and
has done one bang up job on the program!!
	To give you a brief idea of some of things that it can do (beyond what
ResEdit offers)...
* Full Featured Dialog/Alert/Control Panel Item Editor including multiple
selections, grouping, alignment AND 'Try Out' AND 'Generate Code'!!
* Search AND Replace in resources.  Text, Attributes, IDs (my favorite - find
all resources of type ICN# and reorder ID#s starting at 128), Name, etc.
* Support for all standard color tables (actb, cctb, dctb, ictb, mctb, etc.)
* Choice of font/size when viewing text type resources
* Appending, Editable Clipboard
* BNDL/FREF Editor
* Aliasing of Resources (type MLOG = type DLOG, mstr = STR, etc.)
* Expanded Template Editor (also understands ResEdit TMPL's)
* Nice Intuitive Interface
* and much more...
	My only complaint with the product currently is that it does not
support graphical pickers, and so I still keep ResEdit around for times when
I want to look at my icons, cursor, pictures, etc.  Otherwise ResEdit doesn't
get used much anymore.

	For more info feel free to EMail or post me, or call Mathemaesthetics
at 1-617-738-8803 or write to:
Mathemaestetics, inc.
P.O. Box 67-156
Chestnut Hill, MA  02167  USA
	There is a demo version available, but since it is 400K STUFFED, I will
probably not be posting it.

Leonard Rosenthol

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025