[comp.sys.mac] Sending messages to AppleLink

shahn@hstbme.mit.edu (Samuel Hahn) (12/10/89)

Someone once told me that it was possible to exchange mail between INTERNET
and AppleLink...does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

6600pete@hub.UUCP (12/10/89)

From article <1989Dec10.020101.14965@athena.mit.edu>, by shahn@hstbme.mit.edu (Samuel Hahn):
> Someone once told me that it was possible to exchange mail between INTERNET
> and AppleLink...does anyone know how to do this?

Just so you aren't flooded by mail replies, and just because a lot of
other people are liable to be interested in the answer to this question...

Mail to AppleLink from InterNet with user@applelink.apple.com
Mail from AppleLink to InterNet with user@site@dasnet#
	...where "@dasnet#" is a string literal.

Information of this sort is posted monthly in news.newusers.questions.
Hire this kid  | Mac, DOS, C, Pascal, asm, excellent communication skills

brewer@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM (David Brewer) (12/12/89)

You append the AppleLink node name to @applelink.apple.com, such as:
		DEV.SERVICES@applelink.apple.com

fad@leander.think.com (Franklin A Davis) (03/29/90)

In article <1989Dec10.020101.14965@athena.mit.edu> Shawn writes:
>Someone once told me that it was possible to exchange mail between INTERNET
>and AppleLink...does anyone know how to do this?

You wrote this a while ago, but I just stumbled on it.

To send to applelink from the internet, mail to:

	user@applelink.apple.com

For an applelink user to mail to an internet user, they send mail to:

	user@host.subdomain.domain@dasnet#

(Yes, they have two "@" signs.)

If the user you send to only know Applelink you should explain that
they can't send you documents, only memos.

--Franklin

  franklin a davis  Thinking Machines Corp. Cambridge, MA 02142   617-876-1111
  <fad@think.com>   {ames, harvard, mit-eddie, uunet}!think!fad
				Let the four winds blow you safely home!