[comp.sys.mac] Adobe Illustrator glitch?

jchurch@kean.ucs.mun.ca (03/28/90)

Hi! My partner is a graphic artist and recently she has noticed
a minor glitch in Adobe Illustrator. In the "print dialog box" if
"white" (i.e., no) fill or stroke is selected, the box which
normally demonstrates various shades of "black" (i.e., fill) and
is normally invisible when "white" is selected, is now showing 10 %
"black" even when "white" fill or stroke is chosen. As I said, this
is relatively minor as "white" or lack of fill or stroke will appear
in the application when chosen, but because the dialog box remains
incorrect it is annoying and sometimes confusing. Has anyone else
encountered this problem and is there a way to correct or avoid it?
Thanx in advance for any and all suggestions!

...jon

Lou@cup.portal.com (William Joseph Marriott) (03/29/90)

I've noticed this problem, which appears only on B&W Macs, under low memory
conditions. I found that adding more RAM to the machine solved the problem.

dkletter@adobe.COM (Akbar & Jeff's SUPPORT GROUP for the vaguely dissatisfied) (03/30/90)

In article <28408@cup.portal.com> Lou@cup.portal.com (William Joseph Marriott) writes:
>I've noticed this problem, which appears only on B&W Macs, under low memory
>conditions. I found that adding more RAM to the machine solved the problem.

since i've never seen this problem, i will add to this note that AI 88
requires a minimum of 2mb of memory. you can set the memory usage in the
application's get-info box to a smaller size but then you might run into
problems such as the one described.

later.--d
	"lick the carpet
	 dust the dog