[comp.sys.mac] Kermit and breaks

dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca (David Graham) (04/07/90)

In article <1990Apr5.174343.12114@oswego.Oswego.EDU>,
ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) writes:
> In article <897@wrs.wrs.com> james@limmat.wrs.com (James Moore) writes:
>>Is there a way to have Kermit send a break?
>
> Easy.  Just look under the "settings" menu, "set key macros" option.
> It will ask for a key to program.  Hit the key you want to use as
> "break".  A dialog box will open up asking you to enter the macro.
> Press the "help" button here for an explanation of the codes used
> for break, etc.  (These comments apply to Mac Kermit 0.9(40)).

MacKermit 0.98(62) includes "Send Break" and "Send Long Break" in the
Edit menu.

> BTW, is there a newer, STABLE version of Kermit for the Mac?  We
> tried a newer version for awhile, but it crashed and/or froze up
> our machines regularly so we went back to 0.9(40).  If there is a
> newer version, where can it be FTP'ed?

I got 0.98(62) from the LISTSERV@RICE.BITNET, which is a shadow of the
Info-Mac archives, so it should be available there (and other sites
too, I would guess). I've had no problems so far, but I think some
people have experienced difficulty with MacBinary transfers. As I
recall this was originally posted as a test version, so I don't know
how stable it is.

   David Graham					dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca
   Department of French & Spanish		{...}munucs!dgraham
   Memorial University of Newfoundland		(709)737-7636/7 (Voice)
   St John's, NF				(709)737-4000	(Fax)
   CANADA A1B 3X9