[comp.sys.mac] Hunt for Red October

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (06/15/89)

Forgot that I was willing to trade an unopend HFRO for other software of equal
value.  Thanx

naiman-jeffrey@CS.YALE.EDU (Jeffrey Naiman) (06/15/89)

This is E-mail for Philip Wong in reply to his post. And yes, I tried
normal E-mail but it went bouncy-bouncy. Hit n now or forever hold your
flames.

I'd be interested in trading Beyond Zork for Red October. I have the original
disk and manual. If you cannot fix your e-mail problem, mail a letter to me
at 526 W 122th St. Apt. 22 New York, New York, 10025 or 212-932-2883.
By the way, your node did not recognize your id.

- Jeff Naiman (naiman@yale.edu)

ins_apw@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Philip Wong) (06/19/89)

Sorry to everyone who repiled so far, but I can't get email to get through
to you.  If I haven't responded yet, then it prob. means I have the game in
question.  You can do a w to save this post and read the address using a
editor and find the path that this post got to you--it may help you find
a valid path.  Some games I am interested in: Ancient Art of War at Sea,
Ferrari Grand Prix, Chessmaster 2100 (these were found by quick look in
MacWarehouse cat..there's lots of other things I want).  Some I have are
Beyond Zork, Sub Battle Sim, Zork Zero, P51 Mustang (great game), Falcon,
PT109, Colony.  Thanx

mrhachko@athena.mit.edu (Roman Hachkowski) (04/08/90)

  55958	binhex4.0                                     lab@spader.UUCP
In article <2475@randvax.UUCP>, mihori@randvax.UUCP (Jim Mihori) writes:
> I would be interested in any reviews of Hunt for Red October for the
> Macintosh. I saw it at Egghead Software, but it seemed kind of boring. How
> does it compare to SubBattle Simulator? Is there more than one mission that
> you can perform?
> --
> Jim Mihori
> Rand Corporation
> Washington, D.C.
> ARPA: mihori%wash@rand.org

	My friend received the game as a birthday present and it seemed to
quite boring.  First, the menus which the 'sub commander' uses to
control the various systems of the Red October are very slow in
responding to commands.  This was clearly evident when the Red October
initiates a combat sequence against the Red Fleet.  One minute you
thought you had lost them and the next moment a torpedo is tracking you
(i.e. you are dead).  There are some software problems still evident.
One example occurs when the Red October's hydrophones pick up mines and
other non-moving objects.  You would assume that when you want to
confirm the mine's position with the active sonar, it would give you a
bearing but that does not occur.  Overall, I did find that the game was
too slow and boring and I don't play it anymore.

M. Roman Hachkowski
Disclaimer : These are my opinions and only my opinions.

'Don't Flame for the sake of flaming!'