[comp.sys.mac] Dissembler anyone?

edwards@bgsuvax.UUCP (Ken Jenkins) (04/07/90)

In article <7590@goofy.Apple.COM>, chewy@apple.com (Paul Snively) writes:
> In article <3318@minyos.xx.rmit.oz> rcoahk@koel.co.rmit.oz (Alvaro Hui
> Kau) writes:
> >         Does anyone know whether there is a good dissembler
> >         for the mac?

Why would you want software that, "gives a false appearance to; or conceals
the real nature of" the code in question? Now a program which can translate
an object code file into a "semi-readable" assembler listing might be useful
:-).

Disclaimer: My name is Ken Jenkins and I am here as a guest of Bruce Edwards
            to whom this account belongs. Although he may be interested or even
            amused by my ramblings, he should not be held accountable for them
            in any way.
"In the late Devouring Period, fish became obnoxious. Animals without
 backbones hid from each other or fell down." --Firesign Theater
Ken Jenkins (as a guest of Bruce Edwards)    CSNET: edwards@bgsu.edu
                                           ARPANET: edwards@andy.bgsu.edu
                                              UUCP: ..!osu-cis!bgsuvax!edwards

brad@advantg (04/08/90)

In article <7590@goofy.Apple.COM> chewy@apple.com (Paul Snively) writes:
>In article <3318@minyos.xx.rmit.oz> rcoahk@koel.co.rmit.oz (Alvaro Hui
>Kau) writes:
>>         Does anyone know whether there is a good dissembler
>>         for the mac?

How about MacNosy by Steve Jasik?

Brad Kollmyer
brad@advantg.UUCP