[comp.sys.mac] Disktop 4.0 and Suitcase II 1.2.6

baumgart@esquire.dpw.com (Steve Baumgarten) (04/08/90)

In article <132@oiscola.Columbia.NCR.COM>, dbarnhar@oiscola (David C. Barnhart II) writes:
>Does Disktop 4.0 have serious problems with Suitcase II 1.2.6 (or any
>version of Suitcase for that matter)?  When I use the CEToolbox to enable
>the special 'Disktop Find', as soon as I choose Disktop Find from the
>Apple menu, it doesn't come up until after it brings up the first DA on
>the Apple menu, and sometimes I just get the first DA with NO Disktop find.
>I've tried just about every possible loading order of the various cdevs/INITs
>involved, but nothing seems to help.

Try a fresh System (and for that matter, a fresh copy of Suitcase from
its distribution disk).  Disktop and Suitcase have always been happy
together, so you've got other problems.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."

m_herodotus@coors.dec.com (Mario Herodotus - Digital Customer Support Center (800) 525-6570) (04/08/90)

In article <132@oiscola.Columbia.NCR.COM>, dbarnhar@oiscola.Columbia.NCR.COM (David C. Barnhart II) writes...

>Does Disktop 4.0 have serious problems with Suitcase II 1.2.6 (or any
>version of Suitcase for that matter)?  When I use the CEToolbox to enable
>the special 'Disktop Find', as soon as I choose Disktop Find from the
>Apple menu, it doesn't come up until after it brings up the first DA on
>the Apple menu, and sometimes I just get the first DA with NO Disktop find.
>I've tried just about every possible loading order of the various cdevs/INITs
>involved, but nothing seems to help.

	I have the same problem, although I wouldn't call it serious.  I can't
use the command key equivalent to bring up DiskTop find...I use the key and
then ave to click on the DA menu to get anything to happen.  Another problem
is that if I use AppMenu INIT and have DiskTop put its CE tools at the top of
the menu, then AppMenu displays the CE tools instead of the active
applications.  The funny thing is that in the control panel for CE tools they
state that they license this product to help resolve INIT/CDEV conflicts!?!

Mario

      I can't afford my own opinions, and DEC won't pay for them either.
Mario Herodotus   [ CX03 1/K4 ]   |        m_herodotus@coors.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation     |
Customer Support Center           | - or - m_herodotus%coors.dec@decwrl.dec.com
305 Rockrimmon Blvd.              |
Colorado Springs, CO 80919        | - or - ...!decwrl!coors.dec.com!m_herodotus
(800) 525-6570  Ext 25520         |
[direct line (719) 592-5520]      |