[comp.sys.mac] macWrite II 1.1?

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) (03/28/90)

Speaking of vaporware... has anyone seen a real live copy of MacWrite II 1.1
yet?  I ordered it in mid-October; it is now late March, and I still haven't
received it.  Is Claris *really* that far behind on it?  Or are they trying to
"beat" Ashton-Tate's record?

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery (human), allbery@NCoast.ORG (Inet), BALLBERY (MCI Mail)
ALLBERY (Delphi), uunet!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery (UUCP), B.ALLBERY (GEnie)

Lou@cup.portal.com (William Joseph Marriott) (03/29/90)

MacWrite II 1.1 has been around for several months, I got my copy back in
October.

khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) (04/07/90)

s320@cs.utexas.edu (Spring 90) writes:

-In article <1990Mar28.015617.8957@NCoast.ORG> allbery@ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
->Speaking of vaporware... has anyone seen a real live copy of MacWrite II 1.1
->yet?  I ordered it in mid-October; it is now late March, and I still haven't
->received it.  Is Claris *really* that far behind on it?  Or are they trying to
->"beat" Ashton-Tate's record?

-Yes!  I ordered it the beginning of March and got it a few weeks later!

I've had my copy for several months now, though it did take a couple of
calls to Claris to remind them that I existed.

-My problem with it, however, is whenever I use it on my roommate's
-machine (why not on mine?  girlfriends....grr...), which has Suitcase
-(II, v1.2.6) running, it quits before drawing the menus.  I can fix
-by closing the font files, but then I have to re-open them before
-I shut down, or he gets a little peaved...it works fine with
-DA suitcases open, not fonts tho.
-The system is an SE (800K) with 4Mb, Jasmine (oops...) 45 external,
-inits are:
-MacsBug, GateKeeper Aid, SafeEject, Backdrop, SoundMaster, Facade.
-System is 6.02, Multifinder 6.1b7 (same prob in unifinder)

I run MWIIv1.1 on my 4 MB SE + 20 MB internal HD with Suitcase II
1.2.6, System 6.0.2, MultiFinder 6.0.1, init cdev 3.0, MacEnvy 2.1,
ApplicationFont ?, ATM 1.01, Boomerang 2.0b9, Commander ?, Apple 800k
Eject (or something like that), The Grouch, DayLight 1.0.1, Animated
Cursors ?, MacsBug, GateKeeper Aid 1.0.1(?), Gatekeeper 1.1.1(?),
Following ?, Grappler LS, Smart Alarms 2.9.1?, and others I don't
remember, and have no problems. The only INIT that conflicted was
WindChooser and its siblings -- they wouldn't let MWII put up its
search/replace dialog windows.
--
Mike Khaw
ParcPlace Systems, Inc., 1550 Plymouth St., Mountain View, CA 94043

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (04/09/90)

In a message of 03/28/90, Brandon S. Allbery wrote -

>Speaking of vaporware... has anyone seen a real live copy of MacWrite II
>1.1 yet?  I ordered it in mid-October; it is now late March, and I still
>haven't received it.

I asked for the update a few months back, and got it a week later...
methinks your request got lost in the system.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix