[comp.sys.mac] Serial Driver for Laserjet

arppeter@ac.dal.ca (04/09/90)

In article <101131@convex.convex.com>, dale@convex.com (Dale Lancaster) writes:

> I have a MAC II CX and I want to know if there exists a Serial LaserJet
> printer driver that I can install on it?  My ultimate goal is to feed
> the output of the serial interface to my Unix mainframe and have it
> spool the output to our Postscript printer.  This allows us to share
> the printer between our Unix machines and the MACs.  Any other suggestions
> on how to do it would be appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> Dale Lancaster
> Convex Computer Corporation
> dale@convex.convex.com
> ...!uunet!convex!dale

Dale,
Check out GDT Softworks Ltd.  They have several products for the Mac.  The one
that drives HP LaserJet II's and compatable printers is called JetLink.  They
also have serial to parallel converters and drivers for many pin printers
(NEC, OKIDATA, EPSON, etc.) as well.  Their address is:
	Suite 188 - 4664 Lougheed Highway
	Burnaby, B.C.  V5C 6B7
	(604) 291-9121
	1-800 663-6222
	(604) 291-9689 FAX
	AppleLink: GDT.MKT.

I have used jetLink to my OkiLaser 400 with great success.  Se my review
elsewhere on this newsgroup.

Peter J. Russell
arppeter@ac.dal.ca	"I speak, think, and act for myself" - me