[comp.sys.mac] Mah Jong??

monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) (03/26/90)

Does anyone know if there is an implementation of the game Mah Jong.
I know there is one for the ibm.  Is there one for the macintosh?

--
patrick wong                   | McGill University
monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science

scott@unisoft.UUCP (Scott Gustafson) (03/27/90)

monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) writes:

>Does anyone know if there is an implementation of the game Mah Jong.
>I know there is one for the ibm.  Is there one for the macintosh?

>--
>patrick wong                   | McGill University
>monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science
>                               | Montreal, Quebec

Yes there is one for the Mac, I think I have it at home.  If I do, and I'll
check tonight, I will check the copyrights and might post it or mail it to you.

scott

Scott Gustafson
UniSoft Corp., 10700 N. DeAnza Blvd., Cupertino, CA  95014 (408) 366-4901
{uunet,hoptoad,fai,bdt,sun,lll-lcc,mtxinu,basis,ucbvax,apple}!unisoft!scott

ech@cbnewsk.ATT.COM (ned.horvath) (03/27/90)

From article <2619@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca>, by monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG):
> Does anyone know if there is an implementation of the game Mah Jong.
> I know there is one for the ibm.  Is there one for the macintosh?
>
> --
> patrick wong                   | McGill University
> monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science
>                                | Montreal, Quebec

If you're referring to the game which corresponds (more or less) to the
card game of rummy, I don't know of one.

If you're looking for the remove-matching-tiles game with the general
shape of a dragon, look for my "GunShy" game.  Current version is 1.2,
it supports color, and is "tailorable" by anyone who can use ResEdit.

Not PD, but it is free.

=Ned Horvath=

klaus@diku.dk (Klaus Ole Kristiansen) (04/09/90)

(Somebody is considering writing a mah jong program)

Is this going to be real mah jong or the American perversion of
the game? In the former case (that is flowers and seasons as
bonuses, no "knit sets", no "double limits" or "half limits"), I
would be very interested.

Klaus Kristiansen