[comp.sys.mac] WriteNow 2.2 Upgrade--Opinions?

phillips@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Mark D Phillips) (04/09/90)

In article <1990Apr4.172112.18420@ee.rochester.edu> rajiv@ee.rochester.edu writes:

>I'm trying to solicit opinions about the new version of WriteNow (2.2). Has
>anyone tried it yet?
>
>Personally, I'm not convinced the new features warrant the upgrade price of
>$45--especially since the educational discount price of v2.0 was $55.
>
>Rajiv Arora
>--
>Addresses:
>	UUCP:   ...!rochester!ur-valhalla!rajiv
>    Internet:   rajiv@ee.rochester.edu

Since you have already seen the new features list, I am not sure exactly
what kind of opinions you want.  Sure, I can tell you that the larger
dictionary, the addition of a thesaurus DA (that only works in WN, by
the way), more intelligent command-keys, copy & paste of font/size/style,
go to page #, setting of fontsize by typing in the number, and other
changes make a big difference to me and were worth the upgrade price.
These were all changes that we should have seen in WriteNow at least a
year ago.  If you do any amount of writing with WriteNow, I cannot
your not wanting the new improvements.  But you have the money in your
pocket and the features list in your hand, so just make up your mind.
I found the upgrade notice a thorough description of the new features
in version 2.2, and I can say that the product does not perform any
differently from what you would expect, based on the description given
by T/Maker in their literature.