[comp.sys.mac] Multifinder/Finder

geoff@pmafire.UUCP (Geoff Allen) (04/10/90)

kenk@tellab5.UUCP (Ken Konecki) writes:

>Yes, you can switch from Finder to Multifinder, but not from
>Multifinder to Finder. To switch to Multifinder from Finder,
>double click on the Multifnder icon (in your System Folder) while
>holding down the command and option keys.

Another tip along these lines:

If you usually run Finder, but want to run MultiFinder from time to
time, put the MultiFinder icon on the Desktop (mine is a little above
the trash can).  Then, when you want to run MultiFinder, it's much
easier to find it there than by rummaging through your System Folder.
(I don't know about yours, but my System Folder has lots of stuff in
it!)

--
Geoff Allen         \  It's so fast, it can do an infinite loop
uunet!pmafire!geoff  \     in 30 seconds.

JDM113@psuvm.psu.edu (04/10/90)

Another thing that helps when switching from unifinder to multifinder is
to make a copy of the multifinder file.  Then use resedit or something
to change the filetype from ZSYS to APPL.  This will change multifinder
into a double-clickable application, without the need to hold down the
option or command keys.  This comes in handy for creating a macro to
switch from unifinder to multifinder.

Jeff McCarty   Apple Student Rep, Penn State University
jdm113@psuvm.psu.edu            "I hate cutesy little quotes in sigs."