[comp.sys.mac] snd --> other formats

keithj@tahoe.unr.edu (Keith Johnson) (04/09/90)

I've seen this question go by, but have never seen an answer.
Is there a utility, beside the MacFarralon (sp?) Recorder software,
that can convert snd sounds to other formats, preferably usable by
SoundMaster? I've looked at some programs on sumex, but the descriptions
don't seem to indicate they're what I want. (I know: download 'em and
find out! But this may be faster. Besides, it introduces me to some
interesting people...)

--Keith Johnson, Fleischmann Planetarium, Reno
  ("Biggest little planetarium in the world")
  InterNet: keithj@tahoe.unr.edu

wrk@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (William R. Krempp) (04/09/90)

In article <3824@tahoe.unr.edu> keithj@tahoe.unr.edu (Keith Johnson) writes:

>I've seen this question go by, but have never seen an answer.
>Is there a utility, beside the MacFarralon (sp?) Recorder software,
>that can convert snd sounds to other formats, preferably usable by
>SoundMaster? I've looked at some programs on sumex, but the descriptions
>don't seem to indicate they're what I want. (I know: download 'em and
>find out! But this may be faster. Besides, it introduces me to some
>interesting people...)
>--Keith Johnson, Fleischmann Planetarium, Reno

I've got the same problem, and asked that same question on the net. The
answers are to use 'Sound Leech'(Shareware, I think) or 'Sound Edit'(Commercial)
I also think). I've ftp all of the sumex sound programs and none seem to do
the snd -> Soundmaster conversion. Also the May90 Macuser has an article on
sound and sound conversion (which I havent had the time to read yet). this
may help you out a little bit.

|     Bill Krempp        wrk@phobos.cis.ksu.edu                            |

jim@bilpin.UUCP (The Fellow) (04/11/90)

    #{v_mac.16}
In article <261FC2DD.32EA@deimos.cis.ksu.edu>, wrk@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (William R. Krempp) writes:
> In article <3824@tahoe.unr.edu> keithj@tahoe.unr.edu (Keith Joh
> nson) writes:
> >
> >I've seen this question go by, but have never seen an answer.
> >Is there a utility, beside the MacFarralon (sp?) Recorder software,
> >that can convert snd sounds to other formats, preferably usable by
> >SoundMaster? I've looked at some programs on sumex, but the descriptions

    I use Sound Mover, part of Riccardo Ettore's Sound Manager Package. This
    is shareware, the registration fee for which is $20, from Ettore
    Software, 67 Rue de la Limite, 1970 W-Oppem, Belgium. If you register
    your copy, you'll also get a neat manual which, among other things,
    describes how to convert other types of sound resources into either
    standard snd resource files, or data files (which is what SoundMaster
    uses).
--
    Another Fine Product from <mcsun!ukc!icdoc!bilpin!jim> <jim@bilpin.uucp>
			   {JimG : Hatfield, England}