[comp.sys.mac] Shanghai: Does it work on the IIci?

halam@umnd-cpe-cola.d.umn.edu (haseen alam) (04/07/90)

In article <3315@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> halam@umnd-cpe-cola.UUCP (haseen alam) writes:
>In article <23313@unix.cis.pitt.edu> bdest@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Benoit Desjardins) writes:
>>
>>David,
>>
>>	I have the demo version of Shanghai (color) and it works just
>>fine on my Mac IIci.
>>
>>						B Desjardins

Well I have the actual stuff.  It works fine but everytime after a new
game I have to quit and then start over.  Otherwise if I choose a new
game it crashes the system.  I do not think it is caused by any init
conflicts.  Once I clarify that I am going to call up the company and
yell at them.

Haseen.

fiddler@concertina.Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (04/10/90)

In article <3323@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU>, halam@umnd-cpe-cola.d.umn.edu (haseen alam) writes:
> >In article <23313@unix.cis.pitt.edu> bdest@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Benoit Desjardins) writes:
> >>	I have the demo version of Shanghai (color) and it works just
> >>fine on my Mac IIci.
>
> Well I have the actual stuff.  It works fine but everytime after a new
> game I have to quit and then start over.  Otherwise if I choose a new
> game it crashes the system.  I do not think it is caused by any init
> conflicts.  Once I clarify that I am going to call up the company and
> yell at them.

I have the real (color) version.  Works fine on my IIci.  No crashes,
certainly not after every new game.

------------
"Up the airey mountain, down the rushy glen,
   we daren't go a-hunting for fear of little men..."
('cause Fish and Game has taken to hiring axe-carrying dwarves)

hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Josh Hodas) (04/11/90)

In article <134179@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> fiddler@concertina.Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:

>> Well I have the actual stuff.  It works fine but everytime after a new
>> game I have to quit and then start over.  Otherwise if I choose a new
>> game it crashes the system.  I do not think it is caused by any init
>> conflicts.  Once I clarify that I am going to call up the company and
>> yell at them.
>
>I have the real (color) version.  Works fine on my IIci.  No crashes,
>certainly not after every new game.

I was one of the people who seant the original poster a note saying
it would work fine, then he posted his note describing his problem.

I just remembered that I also had this problem when I first got Shanhai 2.0
(not only with the demo version as I had mestakenly told him) and got the
same response from Activision when I called them.

The reason I forgot all this is that the problem went away when I started using
Virtual (the virtual memory system from connectix).  I remember calling Scott
(the truly great tech at connectix) and happily reporting the world's first
anti-bug.

So perhaps those who are having no problem are all using virtual?  I never
got around to calling activision to report the situation to them.

Hope this helps

Josh

Josh Hodas    (hodas@eniac.seas.upenn.edu)
4223 Pine Street