[comp.sys.mac] need utility to convert from PICT to TIFF format!!!

pkahn@deimos.ads.com (Philip Kahn) (04/06/90)

I desperately need to get a program/utility which converts from PICT
to TIFF.  (OMNIpage only reads TIFF, and it doesn't drive a Sharp
JX-450 scanner #$@%^!).  I checked sumex-aim, but couldn't find
anything. Please help!  Time is of importance!

Please respond directly to me.

thanks,
phil...

ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) (04/12/90)

In article <11477@deimos.ADS.COM>, pkahn@deimos.ads.com (Philip Kahn) writes:
> I desperately need to get a program/utility which converts from PICT
> to TIFF.

On page six (6) of this weeks (10 April 1990 Vol. 4 No. 14) MacWEEK
there is a short article on Kodak's new COLORSQUEEZE program.  It
is intended primarily to be used to compress images in Kodak's own
KIC format. (Which is suppose to be JPEG compatible.) However the
program also reads and writes PICT and TIFF 5.0 files.  The article
gives two numbers to call; (800) 445-6325 Ext. 110 or (800) 223-1650.

Pete Hoch

Disclamer:  I helped to write the program but I did not help market it.