[comp.sys.mac] Cursor Flicker w/ SuperClock 3.8

stevec@Apple.COM (Steve Christensen) (04/10/90)

jskuskin@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jeffrey Kuskin) writes:
>I have a Mac IIcx, 5 megs, 6.0.4, and just installed
>SuperClock 3.8.  However, now I notice that the cursor
>flickers.  Further observation confirmed that it flickers
>every time SuperClock draws the colon between the hour and
>minute of the time (the flicker occurs even if I turn
>the "flash colon" option off).
>
>Has anyone else noticed this problem -- it's really kind
>of annoying.  Is there any solution?

Two possibilities.  Was the cursor over the flashing colon when it was
flickering?  If so, that's normal Mac operation since the cursor is
hidden while the stuff under the cursor is updated, and then the cursor
is then made visible.

The second possibility is that you have SuperClock!'s "check for screen saver"
option selected, which can cause some flicker for a somewhat similar reason
as the above.  If this is the case, uncheck that option, especially if the
clock isn't displayed when your particular screensaver is running...

steve

carl@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Carl Baltrunas) (04/14/90)

I don't know about cursor flicker... but I'm currently using SuperClock
(an ancient version) on my IIx and went to upgrade to 3.8 and it works
wonderfully under uniFinder..

However, If I boot up using MultiFinder then I get cursor *freeze*  and
the only thing I can do is hit the interrupt button....

Anyone with similar problems?  A fix?

I'm using system 6.0.3 (til I get 6.0.5 downloaded) a few standard inits
and can provide more details if asked...

-carl
--
Carl A Baltrunas 408/922-6206| SMTP: carl@doctor.TYMNET.COM, carl@tymix.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet (Network Services) | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!doctor!carl