[comp.sys.mac] Upgrades for 512K,KE, + ---> 68030 !!!

pa1743@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Jethro Bodean) (04/14/90)

Hello hello,
	I'm writing to tell everyone that I've heard that there are
now 68030 upgrades for the OLD macs... This is sort of rumor...that
is I'm pretty sure they exist but the specs may be off - they come
from a phone call to a friend of mine from someone at the mac
convention... here goes...
	There seem to be two varietys of mini mac upgrade boards.
They are boards that fit in the old mac bodies and come in two cheap
versions and one less so.  The first is 16MHz fits ibody uses
current power supply, also same model with faster (32MHz ???) and an
upgrade that has its own power supply and fan and runs at the faster
speed - also may or may not add slots/ports.  Prices are ~$750 for
cheap ones and ~$900 for expensive ones.  Not bad - less than a new
plus...
	Anyone has confirmation and/or specs on these items??? I
think they'll be of great interest to people on the net...

			-Tod Kuykendall pa1743%sdcc13@ucsd.edu

isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Ken Hancock) (04/15/90)

In article <9706@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> pa1743@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Jethro Bodean) writes:

>Hello hello,
>	I'm writing to tell everyone that I've heard that there are
>now 68030 upgrades for the OLD macs... This is sort of rumor...

Not a rumor.  There's actually a few companies that I know of
who are doing it.  MacProducts USA, Gemini, and Dove.  Dove's
board is being released in a couple weeks for both the MacPlus
and the MacSE.  Pricing is $450, MacConnection.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock '90            | DISCLAIMER: I'm graduating and looking for
Consultant                 |             a job, so I'll stand by my words.