[comp.sys.mac] Need X-modem software for Mac

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (04/12/90)

In a message of 04/10/90, Roy Smith (roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu)
wrote -

>        I'm looking for some good comm software for a Mac.  The
>specific application I have in mind involves sending files using
>X-modem w/CRC from a Mac-IIcx via a Shiva NetModem. I have
>RedRyder 9.4 which crashes pretty consistantly on that setup
>(works fine from a MacPlus on the same AppleTalk net, however).
>Any suggestions?

Red Ryder 9.4 doesn't work with the '030 machines, sorry.  For a great
shareware term program, look for ZTerm.  I believe it's up to version
.85.

--Adam--

--
Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!200.2!Adam.Frix

roy@phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) (04/15/90)

Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:
> Red Ryder 9.4 doesn't work with the '030 machines, sorry.  For a great
> shareware term program, look for ZTerm.  I believe it's up to version .85.

	Well, I got ZTerm, but it, too, crashes on my IIcx.  Anytime I try
to access the dial menu, I get a "Sorry, your application unexpectedly
quit" message.  I'm running Multifinder, if that makes a difference.  Has
anybody else seen that happen?  Could the fact that I have a NetModem make
any difference?

455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"Arcane?  Did you say arcane?  It wouldn't be Unix if it wasn't arcane!"

gchow@undergrad.cs.ubc.ca (george kai yee chow) (04/15/90)

In article <1990Apr14.191032.21237@phri.nyu.edu> roy@phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) writes:
>Adam.Frix@p2.f200.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) writes:
>> Red Ryder 9.4 doesn't work with the '030 machines, sorry.  For a great
>> shareware term program, look for ZTerm.  I believe it's up to version .85.
>
>	Well, I got ZTerm, but it, too, crashes on my IIcx.  Anytime I try
>to access the dial menu, I get a "Sorry, your application unexpectedly
>quit" message.  I'm running Multifinder, if that makes a difference.  Has
>anybody else seen that happen?  Could the fact that I have a NetModem make
>any difference?

I know people who use Zterm on the IIcx with no problem. What version of ZTerm
are you using? What kinds of inits do you have? Those are the usual problems.
Also, what system?