[comp.sys.mac] Looking for information about LaCie

r1miller@libserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Robert M Miller) (05/03/90)

I'm pretty close to getting a 40 Meg Quantum drive from LaCie, and
I still need to know the following things:

1.  What are the differences between the Cirrus drive and the ZFP drive?

2.  What exactly can Silverlining do?

3.  What is the backup utility, DS Backup, like?

If anyone knows the answers to these and other questions please
send me e-mail or post.

Thank you.

Robert

rmiller@sbgl3.cs.sunysb.edu (Robert Miller) (05/03/90)

In article <8514@sbcs.sunysb.edu> r1miller@libserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Robert M Miller) writes:

>I'm pretty close to getting a 40 Meg Quantum drive from LaCie, and
>I still need to know the following things:
>
>1.  What are the differences between the Cirrus drive and the ZFP drive?
>2.  What exactly can Silverlining do?
>3.  What is the backup utility, DS Backup, like?
>
>If anyone knows the answers to these and other questions please
>send me e-mail or post.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Robert

I should probably add that I own a Macintosh SE, and that the best
address to send mail to me at is rmiller@sbcs.sunysb.edu.

I would also be interested in any good or bad experiences people
have had with LaCie.

Again, thanks.

Robert