[comp.sys.mac] Does A/UX have a pascal compiler?

scott@unisoft.UUCP (Scott Gustafson) (05/03/90)

ziggy+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Salmento) writes:

>Does A/UX have a pascal compiler?   Or does anyone know of a third party
>pascal compiler for A/UX?

No, AU/X does not have a pascal compiler.  I only know of it being available
by third party.  Anyway, my company, UniSoft, wrote a pascal compiler
for AU/X right after we wrote AU/X 1.0.  If you didn't know, Apple has just
released version 2.0, so there are bound to be some tools not supported.
The product is called "Optimizing Pascal Compiler" and is available through
APDA.  Check their catalog or contact Apple's Developer Express Line.  I
picked up the Developer Express (I think that was the name?) paper at the
MacWorld Expo here in San Francisco.  In the flyer I saw a section for AU/X
which included the product mentioned above along with others.  I have the paper
at home, so I can't tell you much more about it.  The reason I mentioned the
Developer Express, was that you did not need to be a member to order from it.
Also, I think the price was rather high for a single user ~$500.00.

If all else fails, call me or e-mail me at the address in the .sig and I will
walk accross the street to Apple or APDA and ask them.

Good Luck,
scott

Scott Gustafson
UniSoft Corp., 10700 N. DeAnza Blvd., Cupertino, CA  95014 (408) 366-4901
{uunet,hoptoad,fai,bdt,sun,lll-lcc,mtxinu,basis,ucbvax,apple}!unisoft!scott

scfisher@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Fisher) (05/04/90)

In article <2958@unisoft.UUCP> scott@unisoft.UUCP (Scott Gustafson) writes:
>ziggy+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Salmento) writes:
>
>>Does A/UX have a pascal compiler?   Or does anyone know of a third party
>>pascal compiler for A/UX?
>
>No, AU/X does not have a pascal compiler.  I only know of it being available

I noticed a pascal to C translator in the comp.sources.unix archives
(vol 21).  I don't know if it works, though.

steve