[comp.sys.mac] Compuserve

abbott@dean.Berkeley.EDU (=Mark Abbott) (07/18/89)

Can anybody tell me if it's possible and how to send email to someone
on compuserve from an internet site?  I have access to arpa, bitnet, uucp.
Thanks,
	abbott@dean.berkeley.edu

jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jude Anand George) (07/19/89)

abbott@dean.Berkeley.EDU (=Mark Abbott) writes:
> Can anybody tell me if it's possible and how to send email to someone
> on compuserve from an internet site?  I have access to arpa, bitnet, uucp.

Address format: xxxxx.xxxx@compuserve.com

Note that the "," in the username changes to a "."  If your host can't
reach compuserve.com directly, try sending through cis.ohio-state.edu
(saqquara.cis.ohio-state.edu?)

Return address format: >INET:user@domain

 /                    ::::UUCP:::: the_known_world!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!jg2f+
%\/ Jude Anand George :::BITNET::: jg2f+@ANDREW | jg2f+%andrew@{CMCCVB|CMCCVMA}
\/\ orange deaden jug ::Internet:: jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu
 \                    :Compuserve: >INET:jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu

spector@acf3.NYU.EDU (David HM Spector) (07/19/89)

Yes, there is a way to get to and from CompuServe:

to send mail from the Internet, the address form is:

		PPN@compuserve.com

where PPN is XXXX.YYYY (e.g., 71260.1410@CompuServe.Com <- that's me)

and to get from Compuserve to the internet you'd use:

	INTERNET:someuser@internet.address.org

from EasyPlex...

_DHMS
							David HM Spector
Macintosh Software Developer & Nice Guy                 310 West 18th Street 5A
ARPAnet: SPECTOR@NYU.EDU                            	New York, N.Y. 10011
Usenet: ..!{uunet,rocky,harvard}!cmcl2!spector          voice: (212) 243-5548
HamRadio: N2BCA (44.68.0.50)  MCIMail: DSpector         data:  (212) 255-6995
AppleLink: DHMSpector   CompuServe: 71260,1410
"Capital punishment is our society's recognition of the sanctity of human life"
                        - Senator Orrin Hatch

mfi@serc.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (07/19/89)

In article <oYkrweW00UkI49r1w8@andrew.cmu.edu> jg2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jude Anand George) writes:
>abbott@dean.Berkeley.EDU (=Mark Abbott) writes:
>> Can anybody tell me if it's possible and how to send email to someone
>> on compuserve from an internet site?  I have access to arpa, bitnet, uucp.
>
>Address format: xxxxx.xxxx@compuserve.com
>
>Note that the "," in the username changes to a "."  If your host can't
>reach compuserve.com directly, try sending through cis.ohio-state.edu
>(saqquara.cis.ohio-state.edu?)
>
>Return address format: >INET:user@domain

[another article today describes a different way .  DO they both work??

and to get from Compuserve to the internet you'd use:

        INTERNET:someuser@internet.address.org

Mark Interrante   		  Software Engineering Research Center
mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu		  CIS Department, University of Florida 32611
"X is just raster-op on wheels" - Bill Joy, January 1987

abbott@dean.Berkeley.EDU (=Mark Abbott) (07/19/89)

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query about mail to compuserve.
I've gotten several responses via email in addition to those posted here.
Again, thanks.

Mark

	abbott@dean.berkeley.edu

rsvp@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (R. Scott V. Paterson) (05/07/90)

What are the monthly costs of compuserve?

Thanks