[comp.sys.mac] Maxis Address

phaedrus@milton.acs.washington.edu (The Wanderer) (05/03/90)

     Could someone please post or mail the address or phone # of Maxis
Software, publishers of SimCity?

--
Internet: phaedrus@u.washington.edu        (University of Washington, Seattle)
  The views expressed here are not those of this station or its management.

eehg0880@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (05/05/90)

From the manual for version 1.1 for the mac

Maxis Software
953 Mountain View Drive, Suite#113
Lafayette, CA 94549
(415) 376-6434

knapp@cs.utexas.edu (Edgar Knapp) (05/06/90)

In article <46700140@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> eehg0880@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>From the manual for version 1.1 for the mac
>
>Maxis Software
>953 Mountain View Drive, Suite#113
>Lafayette, CA 94549
>(415) 376-6434

My manual must be different. I couldn't find Maxis's address in it. So
I called Broderbund to get their phone number. Maxis told me their
address was:

	Maxis Software
	1042 Country Club Drive, Suite C
	Moraga, CA 94556

I can confirm the phone number, however. And yes, I have contacted
them successfully at the Moraga address.

Edgar

(knapp@cs.utexas.edu)

kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Kok Yong Tan) (05/09/90)

In article <46700140@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> eehg0880@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>From the manual for version 1.1 for the mac
>
>Maxis Software
>953 Mountain View Drive, Suite#113
>Lafayette, CA 94549
>(415) 376-6434

Umm...I think they've moved.  I remember asking them for their address about a
week ago and they gave me an address in Moraga, CA.  Unfortunately, I'm not at
home right now, so I can't look it up.  I'll post it when I get home today.

Kok-Yong Tan can be contacted via: 	| "Oscularis fundamentum!"
InterNet: kyt@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu	|    	       - Annoyed Latin scholar
CompuServe: 75046,256	      	   	|
America Online: Lallang	      	   	|

yossie@marque.mu.edu (05/10/90)

.>
.
.Umm...I think they've moved.  I remember asking them for their address about a
.week ago and they gave me an address in Moraga, CA.  Unfortunately, I'm not at
.home right now, so I can't look it up.  I'll post it when I get home today.

I called them yesterday and asked about updates to let SimCity run on a IIci.
They told me to send them $10+$3 S&H and I will receive a new version of the
game (color) and a card that has the codes necessary to use their "manual"
protection (no more key disk protection, yey!!).  I asked about addresses and
was told that both addresses (the above and the other one) will work.  The lady
I talked to (Bonnie) was most decent and understanding and I feel I was treated
very well by them.  If you are a registered user, and want the color version,
send them $13 and mention that you upgraded your system to a IIci and that you
need a version that works on that system.  $13 for the color version seems
much better a deal than $30 or so from mail-order.  You also get to keep the
B/W version, it would seem (key disk protection and all).  - Yossie