[comp.sys.mac] Opportunity in Europe?

francis@csli.Stanford.EDU (Dave Francis) (05/30/90)

Where does one find out about Macintosh Software Engineering positions in
Europe? I'd figure that there would be a lot of opportunity in this market
given the Mac's success in Europe.

Thanks
Dave Francis
Sapphire Design Systems
Menlo Park, CA

erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) (05/30/90)

In article <13844@csli.Stanford.EDU> francis@csli.stanford.edu (Dave Francis) writes:
>Where does one find out about Macintosh Software Engineering positions in
>Europe? I'd figure that there would be a lot of opportunity in this market
>given the Mac's success in Europe.

	Apple have a european development centre in Paris. They recently
advertised for people with two or more years experience in X25 and OSI.
Please dont do what one American did recently and send an AppleLink
message to all the AppleLink accounts in Britain (It isn't appreciated.)
		Tony

--
Tony Cunningham, Edinburgh University Computing Service. erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk

	Yuppies think I'm a wino 'cos I seem to have no class,
	Girls think I'm perverted 'cos I watch them as they pass.

weigele@fbihh.UUCP (Martin Weigele) (06/01/90)

francis@csli.Stanford.EDU (Dave Francis) writes:

>Where does one find out about Macintosh Software Engineering positions in
>Europe? I'd figure that there would be a lot of opportunity in this market
>given the Mac's success in Europe.

I doubt there is too much opportunity - at least from the German Apple
headquarters developer's "support" is a sad story - unless you have an
electronic link to the United States. Most programs are imported from
the U.S., localized and sold overprized.
But maybe that's why they might need someone like you...

Cheers,
Martin Weigele, FB Informatik, Universitaet Hamburg, Bodenstedtstr.16,
D-2000 Hamburg 50, West Germany