[comp.sys.mac] MultiFinder madness

boris@world.std.com (Boris Levitin) (06/02/90)

Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org (Leo Bores) writes:

>Last nite I had an "interesting" thing happen (I'm using "interesting"
>euphemistically in place of another of four letters). I had PageMaker 3.02 and
>Word 4.0 up in MF 6.19 on a IIcx with 8 megs of RAM and system 6.0.4. I also
>had BigThesaurus running along with a number of INITs such as ALIAS, OnQue,
>SuperClock 3.8, MENUZ and HIERDA. In Word, I could not get BigThesaurus to work
>regularily without error messages referencing problems with the ClipBoard.
>Furthermore, when I tried to save out of Word I got the "can't open filename"
>message and a resultant file length of 0. In closing (after copying the text to
>the ClipBoard, Word would NOT save changes to User1. Ultimately, after shutting
>down all windows, I found that the contents of the ClipBoard (along with my
>text) were lost. In re-setting the startup to Finder prior to reboot, I got the
>message that the startup application (in this case Finder) could not be found.
>After a re-start, I was able to change the startup to Finder.

>Anyone else experience this type of bizrreness? Thanks.

>Leo Bores, M.D.

>--
>Uucp: ...{gatech,ames,rutgers}!ncar!asuvax!stjhmc!14!Leo.Bores
>Internet: Leo.Bores@f14.n114.z1.fidonet.org

Well, at least one item is suspect here: Superclock 3.8 is known to cause
problems with MultiFinder.  The fixed ver. 3.9 is now on most boards.

Also try checking the INIT Conflicts list, distributed on most BBSs.  It's
updated periodically (last update in March, I think).

Boris Levitin    WGBH-TV/FM Boston     boris@world.std.com
                                       wgbh@harvarda.harvard.edu