[comp.sys.mac] How do I use two modems with the mac..

ski2@milton.acs.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) (06/06/90)

I need to access a modem, a faxmodem, and the appletalk network at the
same time.  How do I do this?  The Mac uses one serial port for
appletalk which leaves one port for both modems.  I am dialing into an
online image data base and while online I have it send me faxes of
chosen images to the faxmodem.  Do I need to get a multiple port
serial card?  Is there a modem that uses appletalk?

Thank you for your help.

--
Chris 'ski-' Kacoroski		ski2@u.washington.edu

...when we try to pick out anything by itself,
   we find it connnected to the entire universe...

fiddler@concertina.Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (06/07/90)

In article <3972@milton.acs.washington.edu>, ski2@milton.acs.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) writes:
> I need to access a modem, a faxmodem, and the appletalk network at the
> same time.  How do I do this?  The Mac uses one serial port for

> Is there a modem that uses appletalk?

Yes, the Shiva NetModem.  2400 baud.  (Mine works just fine.)

Wouldn't there be some trouble running the modem and the fax at the
same time over a single phone line, though?

  The only drawback with morning is that it comes
    at such an inconvenient time of day.