[comp.sys.mac] Apple's free CD-ROM- troubles...

ac08@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (06/06/90)

Well, I got that free Apple CD-ROM, and it looks pretty neat...

At least, it *might* look neat if it worked...

First, it wouldn't load... dirty lens on the CD player- cleaned it.

Second, it wouldn't let me get Hypercard 1.2.5 off of it- "bad file."

Third, when I tried to run some of the other stuff on the disc, I got
bombs galore...

The player (CD SC) works fine with the other discs I have here...

Is it just my copy, or is it a trend???

C Irby
ac08@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
ac08@untvax

barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown) (06/07/90)

In article <26545.266d0724@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> ac08@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>First, it wouldn't load... dirty lens on the CD player- cleaned it.
>Second, it wouldn't let me get Hypercard 1.2.5 off of it- "bad file."
>Third, when I tried to run some of the other stuff on the disc, I got
>bombs galore...
>The player (CD SC) works fine with the other discs I have here...
>Is it just my copy, or is it a trend???

Mine works fine.

I would have liked to see more demos, particularly walk-thrus instead of
sit-back-and-watch types.  I like the idea of putting complete images
of the System software on it -- that's quite useful.  The number of
technical questions in the Q/A section was disappointing; I hope the
real disc has much more.  And finally, the audio dialogue wasn't as
corny as I thought it would have been.

But heck, can't beat the price!

--
              _____                                Barry Brown