[comp.sys.mac] Grappler LQ

ern@cisunx.UUCP (Ernest J Obusek) (03/07/89)

Hello.  I'm in need of information about Orange Micro's Grappler LQ - a
device that connects Mac's to HP LaserJet printers.  Specifically, will it
plug into a parallel only HP clone printer?  Please send all comments to the
address below.  Thank you!

Ernest Obusek

ern@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu
ern@cisunx.UUCP

biling@ucscd.UCSC.EDU (Doug Rosener) (03/08/89)

In article <16474@cisunx.UUCP> ern@cisunx.UUCP (Ernest J Obusek) writes:

>Hello.  I'm in need of information about Orange Micro's Grappler LQ - a
>device that connects Mac's to HP LaserJet printers.  Specifically, will it
>plug into a parallel only HP clone printer?  Please send all comments to the
>address below.  Thank you!
>
>Ernest Obusek
>

>ern@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu
>ern@cisunx.UUCP

Don't buy the Grappler LQ!!!

I have been using it for 6 mos.  It is slow, has memory problems,
works poorly with Hypercard (especially if you have no memory) and
doesn't work at all with MPW.

I finally broke down and bought an Apple compatible printer.
If you want to save time and frustration, get something that is designed
to work with your Mac.

Doug Rosener

koehn@cat43.CS.WISC.EDU (Bradley Koehn) (03/16/89)

I remember there being an article in here a while back about the HP/DeskJet-
Grappler LQ combo.  Could whoever it was who posted it please relay me your
thoughts (I'm thinking of purchasing the combination).
Also, does there exist a package for the mac that patches SANE the way Radius
does on their accelerators to use the 6888x? I'd appreciate any info.

thanks in advance,
Brad Koehn
UW-Madison
"Fly like an Emu!"

GHGAQBA@BLEKUL11.BITNET (Pottie Karl) (06/13/90)

There seems to be much going on about connecting Macs to Epsons lately.
For those who don't know it: there's also a 24 pin solution: the Grappler LQ

For those of you wanting to read about the Grappler LQ ,
there's an article at sumex-aim.stanford.edu : /info-mac/report/grappler-lq.txt