[comp.sys.mac] Frame wordprocessor

t25@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Rene Laterveer) (06/14/90)

Some time ago a message was posted to this newsgroup about a new wordprocessor
called Frame. This program was supposed to be simpler to use than MS-Word but
superior in capabilities among which the ability to output a document in
TeX-code. Does anybody have more information about this program?

	Thanx in advance,  Rene Laterveer

fiddler@concertina.Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (06/15/90)

In article <929@nikhefh.nikhef.nl>, t25@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Rene Laterveer) writes:

> Some time ago a message was posted to this newsgroup about a new wordprocessor
> called Frame. This program was supposed to be simpler to use than MS-Word but
> superior in capabilities among which the ability to output a document in
> TeX-code. Does anybody have more information about this program?

I use the version that runs on SPARCstations.

I'd rate it as no easier to use than MSWord, maybe a bit harder to learn.

It is more capable, overall.

I wouldn't pay list for the Mac version, but with a reasonable discount it
might be what you want...assuming that most of what you do is major sorts
of projects, like text books or technical manuals.

  The only drawback with morning is that it comes
    at such an inconvenient time of day.