[comp.sys.mac] MacDump

fxtv@litp.ibp.fr (F-X TESTARD-VAILLANT) (02/18/90)

Where can I get MacDump? Is it working with a Sun3?
Thanks in advance,

	  F-X. Testard-Vaillant
	  Email : fxtv@litp.ibp.fr

rapickering@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (The Wolverine @ miavx1) (02/28/90)

In article <2936@litp.ibp.fr>, fxtv@litp.ibp.fr (F-X TESTARD-VAILLANT) writes:
> Where can I get MacDump? Is it working with a Sun3?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> 	  F-X. Testard-Vaillant
> 	  Email : fxtv@litp.ibp.fr

We have macdump running here at Miami U. on NeXT machines.

I don't know if it'll work on the Sun3.  We have the source code, I believe.

You can also get the source from various FTP sites, j.cc.purdue.edu, is

one with lots of NeXT and Unix stuff.

	Rob Pickering

fabrice@ra.src.umd.edu (Fabrice de Comarmond) (06/15/90)

I have heard about an incremental backup software called MacDump. I don't
know if it is a shareware or a free software but I am interested in getting
it for our Mac network.
	Does anybody know where we can get it ?
	Can you dump across appletalk or an ethernet network with
        ethertalk or thru a kinetic  Box ?
	Does it have different dump level like 4.3BSDdump program ?

	Thanks for your help,
	Fabrice