[comp.sys.mac] EPSF question

martink@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu (06/15/90)

 Question: Looking for a MAC program that will take a "raw" PostScript file
	   downloaded from say a Sun or SGI and convert it to a EPSF
           (encapsulated PostScript file) on the MAC.

The real job is to take a "raw" PostScript file and "put it in" a Microsoft
Word file. I kind of know how to do this if the file is already EPSF.

Any help would be much appreciate.

Martin Knapp-Cordes     martink@ncsa.uiuc.edu   (217) 244-0704
Software Tools Group
NCSA

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Derek L. / MacLover) (06/16/90)

In article <16500013@yoyodyne> martink@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu writes:

> Question: Looking for a MAC program that will take a "raw" PostScript file
>	   downloaded from say a Sun or SGI and convert it to a EPSF
>           (encapsulated PostScript file) on the MAC.
>
>The real job is to take a "raw" PostScript file and "put it in" a Microsoft
>Word file. I kind of know how to do this if the file is already EPSF.

	Okay.  You have a Microsoft Word file open on your Mac.  Now open up
the file containing the "raw" PostScript text and copy it to the clipboard,
switch back to the Word file you're working on, and paste it all into the
document.  The next step is to tell Word that this text is PostScript and
should be interpreted rather than printed.  To do this, select all of the
PostScript, go to the Format menu, and select "Define Styles...".  In the
dialogue box, type "PostScript" and click the OK button.  It will ask you
if you want to "change style to match New Style" (answer no).  The text
you defined as PostScript will now be in 10 point New York Bold, with a
dotted underline (indicating hidden text).  If you don't want to see it,
choose "Preferences" from the Edit menu and deselect "Show Hidden Text."

	If the PostScript text contains the "showpage" command anywhere, you
should remove it or comment it out.

	That should do it.  Just print it as you would normally.

>Any help would be much appreciate.

	Hope I did.

>Martin Knapp-Cordes     martink@ncsa.uiuc.edu   (217) 244-0704

						Derek L.