[comp.sys.mac] Boomrang

anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) (06/14/90)

I just placed a 105 meg quantum hard disk in my MAC IIcx, restored
my files from the old Apple 40 Meg hard disk and discovered that
boomrang no longer works.  Every time I reboot the system freezes
at the boomrang boot icon.  With out boomrang everything seems
to work.

I am running system 6.0.4

Any ideas?

The boomrang is the lastest one to come accross the net.

ira@Apple.COM (Ira Ruben) (06/16/90)

In article <1990Jun14.162959.24072@watserv1.waterloo.edu> anderson@watserv1.waterloo.edu (G.Anderson - Computing Services) writes:

>I just placed a 105 meg quantum hard disk in my MAC IIcx, restored
>my files from the old Apple 40 Meg hard disk and discovered that
>boomrang no longer works.  Every time I reboot the system freezes
>at the boomrang boot icon.  With out boomrang everything seems
>to work.
>
>I am running system 6.0.4
>
>Any ideas?
>
>The boomrang is the lastest one to come accross the net.

I relayed your question to the author of Boomerang and he has asked my to post
the following response:

"Please try a fresh copy of Boomerang 2.0 and Prefs file.  If this does not
work, please make a copy of fresh system disk with Boomerang and Prefs, and
start from the disk.  If this works, it means the system file is somehow
corrupted."

jeremyr@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) (06/27/90)

In article <90173.124212KPURCELL@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK> KPURCELL@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK writes:
>What is the status of Boomerang 2.0.
>
>From Don Crabb's article in Byte it implies it costs $30, but my version
>2.0b9 says its free.

All versions of Boomerang before 2.0 release version were free.  This
means all the 2.0bxx versions are free.

Version 2.0 itself, however, is shareware.

Jeremy Roussak