[comp.sys.mac] WristMac -- downloadable watch?

diamant@hpfcbig.SDE.HP.COM (John Diamant) (06/09/90)

Has anybody heard of or seen a product called the WristMac (or
PC Datagraph).  It's a watch by Seiko (model RC-4000) which has a
download capability from a computer (RS-232).  If you've seen or heard
of it, do you know who distributes it and how I could get ahold of them?

Thanks in advance,

John Diamant
Software Engineering Systems Division
Hewlett Packard Co.		ARPA Internet: diamant@hpfclp.sde.hp.com
Fort Collins, CO		UUCP:  {hpfcla,hplabs}!hpfclp!diamant

kr1@bushido.uucp (kahlil rowter) (06/12/90)

This message is empty.

cook@hpmtlx.HP.COM ($Steve_Cook) (06/14/90)

>/ hpmtlx:comp.sys.mac / diamant@hpfcbig.SDE.HP.COM (John Diamant) /  6:01 pm  Jun  8, 1990 /
>Has anybody heard of or seen a product called the WristMac (or
>PC Datagraph).  It's a watch by Seiko (model RC-4000) which has a
>download capability from a computer (RS-232).  If you've seen or heard
>of it, do you know who distributes it and how I could get ahold of them?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>John Diamant
>Software Engineering Systems Division
>Hewlett Packard Co.		ARPA Internet: diamant@hpfclp.sde.hp.com
>Fort Collins, CO		UUCP:  {hpfcla,hplabs}!hpfclp!diamant
>----------

	MacWarehouse 1(800)255-6227 sells the WristMac (P/N ACC 0379
	Manufacturer: MicroSeeds) for $149, the WristMac Executive
	Version (ACC 0378) for 189, the WristMac Bi-Directional Adaptor
	(ACC 0380) for $39, and the Pocket WristMac(COMP 011) for $179.

diamant@hpfcbig.SDE.HP.COM (John Diamant) (06/27/90)

Robert Weihmayer (rw02@GTE.COM) writes:
> I am curious about this gadget, could you or anyone else tell us more:
> functionality, experience in using it, problems, etc.

I haven't seen the Mac software for it, but I've seen the watch (and played
with it for a couple days).  It appears (from another notes group that
the Casio DBX-100 has more memory capacity (100 telephone numbers, 65
scheduled alarms, 61 memos in 3 sets (61 total, 3 categories with user-defined
titles) as well as a calculator.  The key problem with the Casio is that
it doesn't have download capability.

The Seiko watch has 3 buttons for text entry (up, down, and advance to next
position), and typing into it is possible but not desirable in any large
scale (it's not as bad as it sounds though, as the keys auto-repeat in
cycling through the alphabet and run in fast mode when not being single-
stepped).  I assume that most entry will be done from a scheduling program
on a computer with only minimal changes made directly into the watch.
The screen is 2 lines by 24 characters, and you can get up to 80 entries
total of one of the following types:

scheduled alarms
weekly alarms
up to 12 titled sections of arbitrary memos (you select the titles)

I've seen memo, phone list, and addresses listed as memo categories.  Each
type of data including the titled memo sections occupy one of the 80 memories.
The watch suffers from a limited amount of memory when compared to the Casio.

John Diamant
Software Engineering Systems Division
Hewlett Packard Co.		ARPA Internet: diamant@hpfclp.sde.hp.com
Fort Collins, CO		UUCP:  {hpfcla,hplabs}!hpfclp!diamant

This response does not represent the official position of, or statement
by, the Hewlett-Packard Company.  The above data is provided for informational
purposes only.  It is supplied without warranty of any kind.