[comp.sys.mac] Mac TeX PS file to PS

wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) (07/03/90)

Does anyone know a working method to make the result of postscript printing
file (by holding down mouse while type K or F inside printing) on a Macintosh
TeXture (a version of TeX on the mac) to be more general?  Specifically,
I want to make some PostScript files which can be printed from any postscript
printers and the saving file by TeXture contains some apple definitions which
can not be recognized by the generic ps printers.

Thanks in advance!

--
Bill Wang
US Mail = Psychology Department, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405

--

meldal@ithink.Stanford.EDU (Sigurd Meldal) (07/03/90)

In article <49561@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> wcwang@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Bill Wang) writes:
>Does anyone know a working method to make the result of postscript printing
>file (by holding down mouse while type K or F inside printing) on a Macintosh
>TeXture (a version of TeX on the mac) to be more general?  Specifically,
>I want to make some PostScript files which can be printed from any postscript
>printers and the saving file by TeXture contains some apple definitions which
>can not be recognized by the generic ps printers.

There are probably two options available to you. One is to prefix the
postscript file generated by the cmd-F trick with the correct
laserprep file. The resultant postscript should be printable on any
true poistscript printer. For further information about this avenue.
consult the info-mac archives, in particular the macps package, which
has all the pertinent information.

For a totally different answer, download OzTeX, the public domain
(La/AMS)TeX program for the mac, which as one of many options allows
the generation of pure postscript from a DVI file. The strategy would
then be to apply OzTeX to your TeX file, and then use OzTeX on the
resultant DVI file (it can also, possibly, work directly with DVI
files generated by TeXtures). The only tricky part is that the OzTeX
procedure for incorporating Mac-generated pictures is different from
that of TeXtures. Not difficult, mind you, just different.

OzTeX can be had by anonymous FTP from tank.uchicago.edu (among other
places).

Best of luck.

Sigurd Meldal
--