[comp.sys.mac] hiding the laserwriter

cs_stel@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (06/08/90)

i seem to recall a utility that hides laserwriters from the chooser list or limits it to the zone it's in.  does anybody know about this?

stel

leo@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Leo Breebaart) (06/29/90)

graham@wolfen.cc.uow.oz (Captain B.H.P.) writes:

>>i seem to recall a utility that hides laserwriters from the chooser list
>>or limits it to the zone it's in.  does anybody know about this?

>Yep... It's called Liason.

o  Is this correct?
o  What does this program do with the laserwriter: hide it in the chooser
   list or limit it to the zone?
o  Does anybody have an address for this utility? A company name?

I would really appreciate any information about this subject: we need
something like this - desperately.

Leo Breebaart  (leo @ duttnph.tudelft.nl)

ddaniel@lindy.Stanford.EDU (D. Daniel Sternbergh) (07/05/90)

In article <leo.646672816@duttnph> leo@duttnph.tudelft.nl (Leo Breebaart) writes:
>graham@wolfen.cc.uow.oz (Captain B.H.P.) writes:
>
>>>i seem to recall a utility that hides laserwriters from the chooser list
>>>or limits it to the zone it's in.  does anybody know about this?
>
>>Yep... It's called Liason.
>
>o  Is this correct?
>o  What does this program do with the laserwriter: hide it in the chooser
>   list or limit it to the zone?
>o  Does anybody have an address for this utility? A company name?
>
>I would really appreciate any information about this subject: we need
>something like this - desperately.

I don't know about other things which may hide laserwriters, but
Liaison is certainly capable of doing this.  We use it to answer our
modem, but it can be used by one machine for routing, including
offering security in protecting one part of your AppleTalk network
from the other.  I'd be happy to answer any particular questions, but
the people you really want to talk to about Liaison is:
	InfoSphere
	4730 SW Macadam Ave.
	Portland, OR  97201
	(800) 445-7085