[comp.sys.mac] mac hacking software?

ronlee@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jeffq) (06/30/90)

Is there any software for the mac (pd or not) that hacks passwords?  My friend
crashed my hard drive and I want to get him back (hmM!) so I want to hack his
password and post embarassing messages (not on inet mind you).  If not, how
bout some type of microphone II or red ryder script?  Something that has a
database of possible passwords and like some form of dialing setup..

Please mail responses to:  jeffq@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us -- i don't think it'd
be wise to r)eply.  thanks!
-jq

--
/          |      ronlee@ucscb.ucsc.edu        | I don't care if they've
\         -|-     Sex, Horror and Mass Suicide | already died; that's not

cliff@cfa250.harvard.edu (Cliff Stoll) (07/03/90)

From article <4816@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, by ronlee@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jeffq):
jq> Is there any software for the mac (pd or not) that hacks passwords?
jq> My friend crashed my hard drive and I want to get him back (hmM!)
jq> so I want to hack his password and post embarassing messages
jq> (not on inet mind you).  If not, how bout some type of microphone II
jq> or red ryder script?  Something that has a database of possible
jq> passwords and like some form of dialing setup..
jq>
jq> Please mail responses to:  jeffq@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us --
jq> i don't think it'd be wise to r)eply.  thanks! -jq

I have no comment.

Cliff Stoll      cliff@cfa.harvard.edu

MARCELO@idunno.princeton.edu (MARCELO) (07/06/90)

In article <1965@cfa253.cfa250.harvard.edu> cliff@cfa250.harvard.edu
(Cliff Stoll) writes:
> From article <4816@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, by ronlee@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Jeffq):
> jq> Is there any software for the mac (pd or not) that hacks passwords?
> jq> My friend crashed my hard drive and I want to get him back (hmM!)
> jq> so I want to hack his password and post embarassing messages
> jq> (not on inet mind you).  If not, how bout some type of microphone II
> jq> or red ryder script?  Something that has a database of possible
> jq> passwords and like some form of dialing setup..
> jq>
> jq> Please mail responses to:  jeffq@gorn.santa-cruz.ca.us --
> jq> i don't think it'd be wise to r)eply.  thanks! -jq
>

> I have no comment.
>

> Cliff Stoll      cliff@cfa.harvard.edu

Cliff - I would think you would have plenty to comment about.

For those of you that don't know Cliff Stoll is the author of "The Cooko's
Egg". It was a great book about hackers and the internet. I highly
recomend it.

     .. Marcelo ..

marcelo@pucc.princeton.edu
marcelo@idunno.princeton.edu

.. I didn't do it ..
.. It wasn't me ..
.. Nobody saw me do it ..
.. Nobody can prove a thing ..

joe@cbnews.att.com (Joseph Judge) (07/09/90)

	Do not treat this as a real posting. Anyone asking for this kind of
	brute-force password breaking tool is not smart enough to be using
	it.

	Yeah, I got a script that hacks at passwords...
	Let's see ... I'll pretend he has a personal-info database to start
	with ... plus the time it takes the Unix login/password sequence to
	run ... plus delays when it times out because of too many bad
	attempts...  *** It should take about a gazillion years.

	No comment for me, too ...
	Children shouldn't be alowed to play with sharp objects.

	Joseph Judge		postmaster@ATT.COM

Flames to /dev/null	--		Hi Cliff  - nice book you wrote!

I speak for Joseph Judge - who happens to be the postmaster for the ATT.COM
domain - not for AT&T.