[comp.sys.mac] help with including Mac postscript files in LaTeX sought

kishon-amir@CS.Yale.EDU (amir kishon) (06/29/90)

I was trying (with no success) for the last 3 months to include mac
generated Postscript files in a latex document. The procedure which I
followed was the following:

1. I generated the mac PS file using clobber-F.
2. I downloaded the PS file to my SUN workstation.
3. I latex the TeX file with the psfig package using the psfig guidelines
(I have psfig version 1.1, Tex version 2.98 and the LaserPrep file was
generated with macps). The LaTeX critical commands where:

%at the beginning of the document
\documentstyle[psfig]{article}

%somewhere in the document
\begin{figure*}
\centerline{\psfig{figure=pict.ps,prolog=LaserPrep}}
\end{figure*}

4. Then, I converted the dvi file to PS file using dvips version 4.2.
5. Finally, I lpr'ed the result to an apple laser printer and
instead of the PS figure I got white space...

Am I missing something here? Is there any other way to do that?

Thanks in advance,

-amir
Amir Kishon                                 ARPA:   kishon-amir@cs.yale.edu
Yale University, Computer Science Dept.             kishon-amir@yale.arpa
P.O.Box 2158 Yale Station                   BITNET: kishon-amir@yalecs.bitnet
New Haven, CT. 06520-2158                   UUCP:   ...!yale!kishon-amir
(203) 432-6493 or (203) 773-0709

graham@maths.su.oz.au (Graham Matthews) (07/16/90)

In <25479@cs.yale.edu> kishon-amir@CS.Yale.EDU (amir kishon) writes:

>I was trying (with no success) for the last 3 months to include mac
>generated Postscript files in a latex document. The procedure which I
>followed was the following:

>1. I generated the mac PS file using clobber-F.

I am trying to make WORD produce postscript also - what is "CLOBBER-F".

Please reply to me and the net - this is for my thesis, SOON, to be
printed, and I don't read the net news all that often.

ta graham