[comp.sys.mac] IIfx difference from the IIx? white on black becomes black on grey

jrg@Apple.COM (John R. Galloway Jr.) (07/17/90)

I have a IIx (A/UX and MacOS) on which I have an Apple TPD & TPD 4 bit video
card. I recently got a IIfx for a week and just hooked it up in place of
my system box and booted off the same external disk. I also used my same video
card.  The only functional differnce I noteiced was in highlighting of
selected items.  Both in the finder and in Excel dialogs (like number
format selection, but not in general cell selection) instead of being
inverse video (white on black) as it was on my IIx, its now black on dark
grey.  The Monitor Cdev shows greys/16 as always.  Switching to black&white
of course works, but I like greyscale mode to be able to have a solid
grey desktop.  The black on grey highlight is just about unreadable.  What
is going on here?  I am running 6.05 everything in both cases (same disk)
The iix does not have 32bit QD in roms (as i assume the iifx does) , but it
is installed in the system folder.
--
internet     jrg@apple.com      John R. Galloway, Jr.
(soon to be) jrg@galloway.sj.ca.us

These are my views, NOT Apple's, I am a GUEST here, not an employee!!

ostroff@Oswego.EDU (Boyd Ostroff) (07/19/90)

In article <43074@apple.Apple.COM> jrg@Apple.COM (John R. Galloway Jr.) writes:
>  The only functional differnce I noteiced was in highlighting of
>selected items.  Both in the finder and in Excel dialogs (like number
>format selection, but not in general cell selection) instead of being
>inverse video (white on black) as it was on my IIx, its now black on dark
>grey.

Well, I have no idea of why this behaves differently, but it *should* be
easy to fix.  Just go to the "color" item in the control panel.  This
lets you select the highlight color for editable text.  If you can't do
this, perhaps the color cdev is missing from your system folder.